Thursday Temptation: Spice Up Your Veggies!
With working out, comes healthy eating. A lot of people look away from healthy eating because they think that it doesn't taste good or its too time consuming. Some people also think that as long as you're working out, you can eat whatever you want. Just remember, what you eat is what you get. If you're a potato chip, with snickers and a side of soda kind of gal, then... don't be surprised when you see all that in all your trouble zones: stomach, thighs and arms.
For this week's Thursday Temptation, I thought I'd show you how to make your healthy veggies a little more satisfying. When I eat veggies, they're usually accompanied by baked chicken, steak, or fish. These veggies can be eaten by themselves or with one of the meals I just listed.
Here's what you'll need:
- 2 Zucchinis
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/4 of White Onion
- Fresh Thyme & Rosemary
- Pinch or Two of Salt & Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp of Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 deg. Celsius).
- Cut both ends of the zucchinis and toss in trash. Slice the zucchini into circles. Cut the red and yellow bell pepper in half and remove the middle. Chop the peppers into medium sized pieces. Slither the onion into long strands.
- Toss vegetables in a large bowl and add the rosemary, thyme salt and pepper.
- Toss it all together while adding the olive oil.
- Add the veggies to a lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25. Toss around the veggies every couple of minutes for an all-around brown glaze.
I hope you enjoy these delicious veggies and let us know what you think if you try it out yourself!
Please visit us every week to satisfy your Thursday's Temptation! Enjoy & stay healthy!