Thursday Temptation: Low-Carb Angus Burger
With all this new, healthy eating some of us are starting, your body is just craving for you to eat something a bit more satisfying this weekend. Look no further ladies, your reward is here! This week we bring you a low-carb, delicious Angus Burger! This burger will have your tummy praising you for the parade of flavors you've given it, while also praising you for sticking to clean eating. Making this burger is simple and can be done within 30min (depending on how many people you're serving).
What You Need:
- Angus Beef Patties
- Sprinkle of Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Mayonaise
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Uncured Bacon
- Lettuce (Romain or Iceberg)
What To Do:
- Cook the patties as instructed on the package. I usually cook them 10 minutes on each side, with no oil. Just before taking out the patties, put the cheese on top, allowing it to melt over the patties.
- While cooking the patties, this gives you time to cook the bacon. Cook bacon as usual, allowing it to brown on both sides. Once it's done, place on a paper towel to soak up the bacon oil.
- Get 2 lettuce leaves to use as buns, and spread a little bit of mayonnaise (optional) on the leaves.
- Arrange all the fixings on the lettuce "buns" and top with avocado.
We hope you enjoy this delicious Thursday Temptation. You can make it for your friends and family this weekend as your "cheat meal" while still feeling good about sticking to your goals.
Got any recipes you would like us to feature on here? Let us know in the comments section or in our "Ask Stacy" section.